Friday, September 12, 2008

Carefree days of summer...



Britty on the backyard swing.


Oh the carefree lazy days of summer! I remember those. No responsibilities, not a care in the world but for your friends and when the sun went down.

When I was little I remember looking through neighbors rocks. Especially a neighbors white cortz landscaping rocks. Me and Rhonda Boshaw would spend quite a lot of time looking through those white rooks looking for ones with a tiny bit of red in them. That meant the devil had touched them and we would throw them in the street.

Another favorite summer pastime in the “brown house” was putting rocks in the wheels of moms beautiful 68? Baby blue Ford Mustang. I remember her backing out of the driveway and being super angry yelling, “Who put the rocks in the wheels!” I am certain I did it more than once…

1 comments:

Megan said...

Okay way too funny about the devil. When you started the rock story I thought you were like me, I used to smash them open to look for diamonds...but apparently you were a lot more serious than that! I do miss those days, but the silly thing is you never think your life is carefree, even when it is. Looking back at JH and HS, I took myself WAY to seriously, come on!